Elder Matthew Gummow

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

I'm Back!!!!

Well it's been 4 or so months since I've been back.  I realized that I missed writing in this blog and hoping that at least some people would see it and be effected in a good way by the miracles God has shown me.  I figured I needed to find someway to keep tracking my progress in the Gospel on a week or daily basis, so I picked this blog.  I hope that any sort of experiences I share will be able to help others.

4 Months, I can't believe it's only been 4 months. In this amount of time I feel I've learned a whole lifetime of experiences.  Adjusting to life was a million times harder than I ever expected and it still is hard.  I'm still trying to adjust and i hope in some ways that I never fully adjust.

Today is short I just want to share this...

From my experience and from being home, I always feel the spirit the strongest when someone talks about the Atonement and Christ’s sacrifice for us.  I can’t believe what he was willing to sacrifice for us and I can’t believe that he was willing to take up on himself all of our weaknesses and mistakes and every sort of suffering we go through in this life.  I honestly can’t believe it when I think of all the things I have done to misuse or neglect the Atonement in my life, I feel sad and I want to embrace this gift of love that Christ gave to us.

Being home I feel the Atonement is more vital than ever in my life.  There's a lot of emotional struggles we go through and weaknesses and just everything and if I can't have the Atonement there to help cover up for these things than I would just give up, it's to hard to keep going sometimes.  

But again the Atonement is there I feel it in my life, in my veins.  It provides hope and love and helps me to keep going.  It's provided to me when I choose to do God's will.

I love this Gospel, I love everything about it and I love that through the Gospel I have the solid hope that I can change and become better!!

I know that the Gospel and the Atonement are true as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment