Elder Matthew Gummow

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Zone Training

Family!!!  Wasai!!

I can't believe what happened to Dad!!  I hope he's okay!  Keep me updated on him!

So Sweet to hear Chase is going out this week!!!!  I'm so excited for him!!!!  He's going to be a super awesome missionary!!  Do you have his weekly letter, I would love to get it and hear about how things are going for him!!!
   

This week was good.  I feel like I'm still adjusting to be a Zone Leader so there is a bunch I'm still getting used to, exchanges, holding Zone Conferences, and a bunch of other little tasks.  It's good for me though, being out of my comfort zone and needing to be continually changing and improving.

Photo
Exchanges are the best though!  This week I was able to exchanges with 2 of my favorite missionaries.  Elder Gish which is actually Zach Gish's cousin and then an Elder Kim.  We came on the island together.  They are both fantastic missionaries and it was really good to be able to learn from them and understand how to better help this Zone!!

A HUGE MIRACLE this week, Jerome has so much faith it's crazy.  As soon as I got back to Gaoxiong he started coming back to Church. He had a problem with work on Sundays so he's been applying for new work lately. And guess what HE FOUND A NEW JOB!  It was pretty amazing, Taiwan's economy is not the best right now but he found a new job within a matter of a week and was able to quit his other job so now Sundays he can go to Church.  And he loves the Church here and is starting to make some new good friends. I just hope that he'll be able to keep up the progression.

Matthew from Zhanghua has been progressing really well as well!  He's only been a member for over 4ish months but he's getting the Melchezideck Priesthood in a couple weeks!  I'm so excited for him!!!!!

This week in our area, was pretty good.  We were planning on a baptism this next weekend but our investigator had some questions with Tithing.  We're sure he'll still be good we just need to have more discussion with him, he's just a little worried about it.  So we're postponing the Baptism.

On the good side, there is the X.. family from last week. This week the Elders met with them on exchanges again and the wife commited to a Baptismal Date!!!  She'll be getting baptized in 2 weeks!!! The Dad, we're still working with him too but we hope that he'll commit to the same date too. We going to need to pray a lot for him.

This week, I just love being able to be a Zone Leader - being around all the missionaries and learn from them as well as trying to be a good example and inspire the members of our Zone.  It's hard work and more stressful but I feel a lot of spirit being around these missionaries and have grown to love them a ton!

This week was awesome and we're excited for the weeks to come!  Thanks for the update Mom!  So grateful for your sacrifice and all you do in our behalf!  Your really a super Mom!  Jerome loves you too and wants to be your Son!  I hope that all is going well with trying to help out the family and Dad being sick at the same time!  I'm praying for you!!  Hope Dad gets well soon!!!!  Love You Guys!!!

Elder Gummow

No comments:

Post a Comment