Elder Matthew Gummow

Monday, December 23, 2013

Training! Christmas Mission Activity

Here are some pictures that were posted on the Taichung Mission Blog of Elder Gummow from their Christmas Mission Activity and a Christmas tree in Taichung.  We are excited to get the phone calls from our missionaries this week, but still aren't exactly sure when they are calling.  We never received an email from Sara this week (maybe they switched their P-day around) and Matt presented another option which we said we would like to do, but he got off the computer we think before he got our reply.  I guess we will just be prepared for both options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn--NC24fHs&feature=youtu.be


Merry Christmas from Taiwan!

What a surprising and interesting Christmas!  This was one of the most interesting weeks of my mission. It started on Monday.  After emailing we got a call from the President.  I was surprised to get a call from him at a such a random time and we were both worried why he was calling.  I answered and for the first couple minutes President just asked questions about how our area was and how everything is going.  

Then he asked me if I would be willing to train, starting Thursday and the Elder W would have to move out Wednesday Night!!!  

So right now Elder Ward is gone. He moved to a small island on off the coast of Taiwan and now I have a brand new companion. Elder J is his name, he's a Taiwanese from Taipei. Actually, I think he's from the same stake that Sara is serving in right now. 

He pretty great guy, and his English is really good.  Already a really good teacher and he's super fired- up and excited for missionary work too! It's pretty awesome!  I feel so bad - this would be a critical week to send pictures to you guys, but I couldn't find my camera this morning, I'll try and send pictures on Wednesday before I Skype.

Also I was thinking since Elder W is not here, would you guys rather talk on Wednesday or Thursday?  I can do both - it just depends on what best for you guys, I don't want to mess up your party.

This week the Christmas Party was great, I got to see all of our district again, as well as old companions and old district members.  It was a pretty great reunion and it was great to see old friends.  I feel old now going there though since most of the missionaries there are newer and I've never met them.  Weird feeling.

This week M came to English Class, we haven't really seen him since though -he had to go to his Grandma's while she got surgery.  He's doing great still though.  We taught him about Faith last week and he was super accepting of all of it, really willing to put in more study of the Gospel.  

That's about it for this week.  Getting excited for Christmas, you can meet Elder J and speak Chinese with him. He's great.  Love You Guys!!!

Elder Gummow

No comments:

Post a Comment