Elder Matthew Gummow

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Temple, Baptisms, "Find and Seek"

We were happy to receive Elder Gummow's email.  It was a couple of days later than usual so we assumed he got to attend the Temple in Taipei.  We were correct!  I have this secret hope that one of these times he will get to see Sister Sara Gummow there.  What are the chances?

Hello Family,

Happy Birthday Daniel!  I totally forgot it was your sixteenth birthday until this week.  That's so crazy, sixteen is super old and mature I can't believe you've aged that much already.  

Happy Thanksgiving as well!  It's great to see the Neighbor Lane pictures.  Kind of weird too, it's seems like every one is getting married soon or on missions, at least out of the people in our age group.  Nick is looking good as well.

This week we had a good time lots of really good miracles and progress in our area.  Our area is slowly growing more and more so that is really good.  We really thankful for all the help God's is giving us.  We've really been blessed with the spirit as well as lots of energy as we've gone out and shared the Gospel.

First and best person I think we were able to find this week is a L......DiXiong.  We found him at a park contacting.  His experience is really special - at first he didn't want to have anything with what we were saying.  He said he was too busy and that he didn't have time for religion.  But Elder W and I decided to exercise some faith to share the first vision with him, afterwards something sparked his interest and he was then super willing to meet.  We met with him a couple days later and he was really really awesome.  He said that lately in his life things have felt really plain and that he feels like he's not doing anything of importance and that there has to be something more.  He says that he really has not a lot of people to be friends with and that he needed to be able to talk with God and tell him his problems.  Really good feeling to know that we we're able to help him with the problems he has been facing in his life.

Other awesome news.  B and S both got baptized!!!!!  I got President's permission to go back to my area last week since it's just right next door and I was able to see Stan's baptism as well as pictures from B's.  I don't have the pictures now but I'll make sure they get sent to me soon.  S's baptism was amazing though. He was super happy and excited at everyone's attendance and shared a really great testimony.  He also got a bunch of his friends to come and his brother which was really exciting for the ward there.  I'm hoping S's brother is the next one to be baptized.

B's baptism was awesome too I hear.  All in English - which was exciting for the single's ward there.

That was about the highlights.  Otherwise we are still just going out there finding, which has been really fun actually.  Somehow I've grown to love the finding.  It's like there is so much potential out there so many prepared people. We just have to find them through the spirit.  Like a massive "find and seek" game.  Plus getting to meet new people is really great!

Oh also cool experience (literally) - my pants ripped while we were proselyting.  There are downs sometimes about proselyting in dress pants:)

Christmas, I really don't have that much I want or need. I really just want new music, I've kind of gotten tired of the stuff I have.  So like a bunch of new music would be awesome.  Oh also I'm running out of deodorant.  That's about it    - I pulled out the cookbook that you made for me before the mission and realized that most of it I can make already so I'm going to start making some stuff in it...CREPES!

Love You Family  Your the Best!

Elder Gummow
Pictures next week Sorry!
Oh and this week was temple week, sorry that's why I'm writing so late.

No comments:

Post a Comment