Elder Matthew Gummow

Monday, September 9, 2013

Insights Sept.9, 2013

"A diamond with a flaw
 is worth more than
 a pebble without imperfections."
Chinese Proverb

Elder Gummow's week was good and he shared important insights that he is learning along the way:

"Hello Family!

Really great week last week!  Lots of stuff was able to happen and we were able to get a lot done. 

This week as far as miracles go.  Lots of the investigators and people we've been teaching were able to get to Church.  It was fantastic! and that Recent Convert who hasn't been in a while came back!  Also, we were able to get 3 new baptismal goals so we're looking forward to helping some good investigators progress towards their goals.

This week also was good as well in learning new things and growing.  This week I think something I realized is that I can get pretty angry.  Especially when I'm stressed or things aren't going well in the work.  I noticed a mistake that I sometimes make is that after these times of short-temper I look at the bad/mistakes of others.  But then I notice a little later that I make the same mistakes too.  So this is something I want to try and work on.

Also, I felt this week really powerfully that one of our roles as missionaries is to give people hope.  Almost every lesson we've taught lately has been centered around the scripture Ether 12:4, "Believing in God means to believe in a better world, etc"  This message has been incredibly powerful too, helping others have desire to read the Book of Mormon more, to want to come to Church, and to keep trying hard to quit smoking.

(Ether 12: 4 Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.)

There is actually not too much else to say for this week.  I want to try and buy some new glasses today though, there is a place here that is really cheap 6-10 dollars for glass frames.  I think I will try and go there and buy new glasses today if that's okay money wise.

As for the application process to I was thinking about applying to BYU.  It's probably one of my top choices right now for schools. How do I need to start preparing for applying next month?

Daniel, thanks for writing. It's good to hear from you -razy to hear that your starting to drive already. Hope your a lot better driver than me. 

Super Jealous that you guys got to got to the James Taylor concert. :P 

The new paint in the office looks crazy, Seems like the house has changed a lot. Also, sorry to hear about your foot Mom (note from mom: it is really my leg), glad it's getting better but hope it gets even better soon. 

Love You Family,
Elder Gummow

Also the temple in Taiwan still shows the old film. I heard about the new film though, it should be coming to the temple soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment