Elder Matthew Gummow

Monday, July 22, 2013

TMNT!! July 22, 2013

Elder Gummow had a great week!  A baptism, lots of miracles, some learning experiences, and more!  Here is a picture of Elder Gummow at the TMNT Restaurant last week.  We have been encouraged to not post pictures of people without their permission so I have blocked out his friend's face since I do not have his permission to post it.   

 "Hello Family!!!
Sorry my letter was so short last week.  We had a really good time going with our investigator, Ch...,  to a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Restaurant, and best of all Ch.... was baptized this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He got the priesthood too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ch....., he's investigated for 5 months now, so a pretty decent amount of time.  He was an English class contact and a member referral, and he started from the basics, (not believing in God) but his testimony is strong now.  He's going to America next Monday so maybe you'll get to see him sometime, he really wants to go to Utah because he has friends there and really wants to meet our family.  He's definitely a miracle and one of the most intense investigators we've ever taught but it was so wonderful to see him finally get baptized last week and to be able to be a part of the whole ceremony.
This upcoming week we're looking forward to S...... getting baptized too he's a great great kid and the most prepared soul I've ever met, also incredibly smart.
Today we have a Zone Activity at a park, our whole zone is going to have a picnic together and eat pizza! We're pretty excited!!
Along with the baptism this week there were also many many miracles.  One was Sunday night on the way home we met a guy on the road.  At first we asked him how his day went and then he kind of instantly broke down and started tell us how recently his life was not very good and that it seemed like he was coming to a "bottleneck" and was looking for something that could help him. He was actually just on his way to play basketball to try and relieve some of life's pressures.  So we set up for tonight to meet with him and hopefully share something that can help change the path that he's on now.
I was thinking about it last week a lot and I'm really just awed and amazed at how many miracles missionaries see everyday and how much the lord is a part of this work.  I found myself last week realizing that I had almost become used to the numerous miracles we see everyday and that I was starting to take them for granted. Really bad..., and I realized I need to be a lot more thankful for what miracles God has given us in return for serving him.
That was pretty much it. Thanks again for the package. I still haven't finished it yet but I'm excited to eat the Oreo no bake cake.  I'm excited to hear more about the exchange students and also Daniel and Bry's trip. Sounds like Daniel's jazz band is becoming world famous.  
Oh Dad, the language, I realized I need to be more diligent in studying this week when a member thought that I was newly arrived in Taiwan and asked how learning the language was going.  He totally thought that I had just barely got here.  Ouch!! That was a humbling experience and I definitely need to study harder these next weeks!
Missionary life is going good and Zhongming is still a beautifully prepared area with lots of great, prepared people. I'm so lucky and so glad to be here!!
Love You Guys!
Elder Gummow"

No comments:

Post a Comment