Elder Matthew Gummow

Monday, July 29, 2013

July 28 - S......'s Baptism!

I often post Chinese Proverbs, but today I thought I would do a a scriptural proverb from the Old Testament.  It is full of great wisdom as well!

Matt is soon approaching his halfway mark (August 15th) and has gained many skills and overcome many challenges.  He has also changed many lives (11 baptisms so far) and has been filled with great joy!  Move calls are next week and we hope this next half of his mission will be better than ever!

"This week was a pretty good one! Lots and lots of good things happened and I think to top it off was S..........'s baptism.  It was a good one for sure, not a perfectly run smooth baptismal service but it had the spirit and S.......... was so happy to get baptized.  After he came up out of the water he was smiling huge and was like "ya, no worries/problems"  He so funny! I think this picture will help you understand him better than I can explain it.

( Note from mom:  Sorry about the faces on the photo - as I mentioned before, we have been advised not to post without permission from all the people in the photo - so I have blurred their faces - but my youngest daughter says it looks "creepy", so I may have to stop posting pictures or find another solution.... any ideas or opinions?)

But other than that we had a good week with finding and teaching new investigators.  We have some really good investigators still for this next month but we are also working on finding some good new ones for the upcoming weeks and months.  Which means following the spirit really closely and keeping a lookout for those prepared.

The finding paid off when we had three new people come to Church this week and they were all pretty cool - all of them are singles too.

Ch..... left this last Sunday, sad to see him go but excited for his experiences in America at the same time.  I think he's going to have a great time in Philadelphia.  Dad and Mom you should send him an email and maybe some pictures. He would love that I think. He already loves our family a lot and I think it would help cheer him up in his first weeks at America.

Also we added a new family this week.  The Y...family,  the are the coolest family I've met in my life too, and feel super prepared.  The kids all love missionaries and just non-stop ask us questions about everything, like "Do you guys fight in America, and do you want to hear ghost stories".  They are so funny and the closest family I've met since I've been in Taiwan, so nice to see such a righteous good family.

That's about it for this week, good to hear from you guys, and crazy to hear what's going on at home.  I can't believe it! Kaz is returning home really soon here, and all these new missionaries are going out.  This next move call is going to be crazy for us. We're getting 20-30 new missionaries so there are going to be a lot of changes.

Love you guys and hope all is well, Glad to hear the family hugs are still going on (I totally forgot about them).  Love You!"


No comments:

Post a Comment